Sunday, May 4, 2008

Graduation

The word is still out on if I passed my classes this semester but we still went to commencement this last Friday with high hopes. After a great lunch at The Olive Garden with the Bear family, we headed up to Kingsbury Hall for the big ceremony. Bri even wore her new skirt for the special occasion. A quick trip from the stadium to president's circle and we were there. The lawn and patio in front of the building was a sea of people in cap and gowns and off in the distance the sweet sound of the bagpipes were playing. We were running late so we had to run inside. After everyone was in their seats the fun finally began. The Governor was the special speaker and did a great job. Then the PhDs walked...and walked...and walked(much like pioneer children only no singing...just smiling). It took forever but they finally got to the Bachelors degrees. After all the Grads had walked we made our way up the the Huntsman Center for Jeff's graduation from the school of business, taking pictures the whole way (we were with Dad after all). By the time we reached the Huntsman Center my cheeks were twitching from all the photos.

After a few more pictures with the whole clan we made a break for it to the nearest Chili's for some awesome dinner. What a fun time. I am now officially unemployed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulation! We are Proud of you and love you! Thanks for studying so hard and for including us on your special day! You'll go far and be great in all you do!

Geri/Cindy said...

Congratulations Andy! We are all proud of you

Addi said...

Hey! You can't back-date like that. I'm just barely seeing that this post is here! And where's the picture at the Huntsman Center? That's my favorite one!

But I agree, the best part about this day is definitely Bri's cute new skirt. I love it!

Congrats Andy! And with all this spare time, when are you coming to SF?

Addi said...

I am just checking for a new post and Max is here with me. He LOVES the picture of Andy, Bri, and Grandma riding the bus and is wondering if he can ride with you too?