Friday, August 15, 2008

California Knows How To Party: Day One

Last week the Bergies packed up and headed on a dream vacation to sunny California. We were accompanied by our usual traveling companions, Jeff and Bobbie, and found the best tour guides that Golden State had to offer...former California resident and I-5 drivers extraordinaire, Greg and Nancy. Our first day of vacation began with a Cinnabon at SLC International and a plane ride to Burbank. Not wanting to waste a minute, we headed straight from the airport to our favorite two spots, the beach and In and Out Burger. The weather was nice and we started with a ride along the boardwalk on tandem cruisers complete with baskets.

We stopped for a bit to check out the boardwalk and rode the Ferris Wheel, giving us a great view of the ocean and the beach.

And no trip to the Santa Monica boardwalk would be complete without a funnel cake! Gooey, greasy, delicious fried bread coated in powdered sugar like only the boardwalk could produce.After our bike ride we headed straight to the water for some body surfing and sandcastle building. I knew Greg was a great attorney, but I had no idea that he dabbled in architecture. I must say that thanks to his vision and expertise, our sandcastle was the best on Venice Beach (although mistaken by some passers-by for a prehistoric turtle). Notice the height and majesty of the castle and its creators.All that building, swimming and suntanning made us hungry so we went to In and Out for the first of many times. We didn't know exactly where one was located, put like a pack of hound dogs tracking down a raccoon, we "quickly" found our favorite fast food joint. I heart Double Doubles and Neapolitan shakes. We didn't have long to savor our feast because it was soon time to head to the Angels game.

This game pitted the Angels vs the struggling Baltimore Orioles. The stadium was huge, the bats were hot, and thanks to some fierce cheering from the 3rd base line the Angels dominated the O's. Vlad Guerrero even hit a 3 run homer in honor of us...well maybe not in honor of us, but it was still sweet. By the time we got back to the Hilton we all had no problems getting to sleep.

7 comments:

The Capson's said...

Your trip looks like it was a blast! California is THE BEST! We had so much fun with you guys the other night. That concert was so good. I can't believe I forgot to mention the "Swooby Swack"! That was sooooo gross. But I must say the the "spirit of the dance" has stuck with me. Even though we weren't dancing and drinking, he loved us as only a mother could. :) We will never forget the Concert Fairy and the joy that he spread that evening.

Rebekah said...

I'm so jealous! I heart double doubles too. :)

Anonymous said...

I know only one other family that parties as hard as you guys. Seriously, you never waste a minute of your "trips". Did you get that.... they aren't vacations, the are trips! How FUN!!!

I love the photo's!

Addi said...

All in one day? Did you just sleep the rest of the time? Yowzers!

I'm hoping to hear about your double-double animal style on Day Two!

The Barrick's said...

I dont really know why we need to post anything cause your right we do just about everything together. so i decided that on our blogs we are just going to put see Bri and Andy's cause it would be better than my weak postings ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, what happened in the rest of your trip?

Addi said...

Can we get to "Day Two" already?