Saturday, September 13, 2008

California Knows How To Party: Day Three

I had heard that the best ride Disney had to offer awaited. The previous night Bri and Jeff kept me up by telling tales of "the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror." I could hardly sleep I was so excited. The next morning we were up early to be the first ones to experience the splendor. California Adventure opens later than the Magic Kingdom so we got another taste Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, Etc. But we were there among the first in line when Disneys new park opened for the day. We made a bee line for the Hollywood Tower Hotel and our California adventure officially began. This ride is AWESOME!!! It involves going into an elevator and dropping 13 stories. We rode it 7 times throughout the day-so many times that we even figured out tricks to make the ride better, like sitting forward when we buckled our seatbelts so we were further off of our seats when we dropped. And thanks to the dream passes there was hardly any waiting. We rode the Tower of Terror 3 times in a row and figured we should check out the rest of the park. We went on a sweet rollercoaster that is called "California Screamin" that shoots you off from the very beginning. And what would a day at a Disney park be without getting soaked at least once? There is no better ride to get soaked on than a ride called the "Grizzly Rapids." Jeff and I got absolutely soaked, and I was wet for the rest of the day. Apparently cargo shorts aren't the quickest article of clothing to air dry. We also rode "Soarin' over California" which was a way cool ride. We then hopped back over to Disneyland to have another round on our favorites. After a delicious lunch at the restaurant in the Pirates of the Carribbean ride (where they had Monte Cristo sandwiches!), we went on the Tower of Terror a couple more times and saw the Aladdin play that they had at California Adventure. It was nice to sit for a minute and rest our feet! We went for one last ride on the Tower of Terror, which is the picture at the top, and we were with a funny group of people! There was a woman and her daughter sitting in the second row on our side and the mom was claustrophobic! Why someone who was claustrophobic would go on a ride in an elevator, I have no idea. But apparently she didn't think it was a stellar idea either, because she sure doesn't look like she's having a good time in the picture. The guy sitting next to Bri on the back row was funny too. He looked like this big tough guy, and right after we sat down he grabbed the handles next to the seat and asked if Bri if she needed them. She told him she didn't, he said "Good because I need to hang on to them the whole time." After the ride began the words that came out of that mans mouth would have made a sailor blush. We had to check and make sure we were still in a Disney park. But it sure was funny to hear him scream like a girl (or as the Govenator would say "a punny whimpy girly man)! When the ride was finally over there was an awkward silence in our elevator which was broken by a "woooooweeey" from Greg on the back row to which the lady sitting next to Nancy replied "ah bull crap!"
We finished off the day waiting in line for pretty much the first time during the trip so we could ride Space Mountain one last time, and Mom & Dad watched the fireworks on mainstreet USA. Good end to day 3!

4 comments:

Addi said...

As you were leaving did you quote the govenator and say, "I'll be back!" Because you will, on March 8, right?

Andy and Bri said...

We hope so. Then the two best buzz light-year blasters can have a showdown for champion of the galaxy. That's right, I know of you buzz ride skillz. You better get you phasers ready!

Addi said...

Bring it.

Chris and Em said...

Bri, I haven't seen you in FOREVER!!!! I was thinking the other day how much fun we had every summer!! I hope all is well, and hope to see you SOON!