Tuesday, October 14, 2008

California Knows How To Party: Day Four

Our forth day in the Golden State was a special one because it was my birthday. The big 26 and what a day. Our fast passes were all used up and it was time to check out of the Marriot and head back up the 5 to Kim and Tony’s house to spend the evening in our most luxurious accommodations yet, Tony’s RV parked in the driveway. Lucky for us there was a vacancy. Don’t let the term RV fool you however. I am dead serious when I say luxurious accommodations. I’m talking personalized towels, fresh squeezed OJ made with fresh picked oranges, a private pool and hot tub with the temperature set just to our liking...the works. After a scenic tour of the valley by Greg and Nancy we stopped by one of my favorite restaurants The Cheesecake Factory. The food was great as always and we topped it off with some birthday cheesecake to go. Once we arrived at Kim and Tony’s all the grown-ups went off for a sophisticated dinner and left us kids to party. We did some shopping then headed to in and out for another double-double with Scotty and Bonnie. Then off to race go carts.


These were not just ordinary go carts that you could put the pedal to the metal the whole time and expect to stay on all four wheels. They had to be going 25 mph and inside a warehouse with slick floors. While we were waiting for our turn we watched as a very unskilled driver repeatedly crashed hard into the walls at it looked like it hurt. After a brief lesson on the rules and putting on neck braces and helmets, it was our turn and we were off. We all started out slow, but by the end we were sliding around the corners and bumping and passing people left and right (although I did T-bone someone pretty bad). Scott home the prize as fastest driver and Bri took home the prize prettiest go-cart girl. Kim and Tony better be careful or they may have some permanent residents living in their driveway. We were sad to leave the next day. Thanks for a great trip everyone!

4 comments:

Addi said...

WOW! Personalized towels? A.MAZ.ING! Will you do that for me when I stay at your house? Oh, and I prefer apple juice to orange. Will you squeeze me some apples?

Brendon said...

That sounds like a happy birthday! You sure know how to travel.

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday! I wish I could race cars. :-)

Anonymous said...

One Great Birthday!!!

LOVE the BLOG!!