Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Big Move!

We made the big move this last weekend! Zo and Jen buddy got married, and we were so excited that we were able to be there for the festivities before we took off! We did most of our packing on Thursday with the help of Linn, Dawna, Janet, Brig and Keith, and a couple of helpful neighbors from the court. We got the U-Haul all packed up and headed off to Zo and Jen's wedding reception. On Friday morning, Linn and Dawna came to help us clean up the apartment so we could take off right after the wedding. Andy and I hurried down to the temple for the wedding, and while Andy stayed for pictures, I ran back up to the apartment for our check-out appointment (after a few tears). Andy came home after the pictures and we were off..for about five minutes. We hadn't made it to the freeway yet, and the check engine light went on in the rental truck. Luckily, it turned off after Andy was on hold for about 20 minutes with Budget and we didn't have any more problems.
We drove down to St. George to meet up with my family and to stay for the night. Saturday, I drove ahead of Andy who was manning the U-Haul so we could be to the complex to sign the lease in time. It was a good thing, too, because that thing doesn't drive very fast, even with Andy behind the wheel! That, and he had a lovely detour through Zion's National Park. Andy claims he was just following the GPS, but I think he just wanted to feel important and make everyone wait while they shut down the tunnel so he could drive down the middle and not scrape the top with the truck. And with those winding roads I'm glad he was driving and not me.

My mom and dad, Bear, and McCall helped to get our cars unloaded and we were able to go and get some groceries and drinks before the second crew (Evan and Linn, Dawna, Andy, and Addi and the boys) arrived. We unloaded the moving van in about 2 hours and our wonderful moving crew had us out of a lot of our boxes by dinnertime! We had some tasty, tasty Cafe Rio for dinner (very excited they have one down here) and crashed! It only took the turning on the AC overnight to get our apartment down to a nice temperature. We could not have done it without our amazing helpers! Thank you so much for taking a whole weekend to come down and help us! We love you guys!

6 comments:

Shantaye said...

Bri! I dont know why but your blog seems to be the only that doesn't update on my side bar. I just barely got all caught up with your life, and you've definitely had alot going on! I can't believe you're in Arizona. I'm jealous! I would love to move out of Utah for awhile. I hope things are going well with you guys!

Illumine said...

I'm so sad I couldn't make it down to help you guys :( Great post, though, Nubby! I never heard about the Zion thing--too funny! Hopefully I'll get to come see you soon :D Love you!

Addi said...

Bri, you are a blogging fool!

What an eventful move! I love that they had to close the tunnel for the rental truck and that Andy even had to PAY for them to close it! Classic!

Lindsay said...

Bri, I'm glad you found my blog! It's so good to see you and what you have been up to! I was actually just remembering some of our good times in high school; feeling a little nostalgic. Good luck in Mesa!

Tara and Ricky said...

Hooray for Arizona!!! I really think you guys are going to love it down there! And yes, gotta love a little Cafe Rio to make it feel like home:) We would go out to eat there when we to visit the temple... yum! Good luck you guys and be sure to keep this blog up to date so we are aware of all of your goings on. Miss you already!

grandma said...

What a great adventure! Glad we could be a part of it!

It was a beautiful drive.... and lucky those in the Bergeson van that got to watch movies most of the way!

We sure love you guys and hope your new home in AZ is a great place to be!