Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Visitor!

Andy started school last Monday, and after two days of orientation, they had an outing to Flagstaff for a couple of days. I wasn't thrilled about the idea of being completely alone for three days, so Mom came to the rescue and came to visit me! She came in on Wednesday night, and Thursday we celebrated her birthday! We went to the temple, and then we went to the Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall. It took us most of the day to check out the mall, and then we went to the Cheesecake Factory for her birthday dinner. When we got home, we did pedicures, played games, and watched a movie. A perfect girl's day! We did a lot of driving around to check out Mesa, which was nice. Mom said that she wanted to get lost while she was here. We got turned around a few times, but she said that it didn't count as getting lost. We tried, though! She also said that she wanted to see if we really could fry an egg on the asphault. We didn't get the chance to do it on the hottest day she was here (116 degrees) but we tried when it was about 110 and it didn't work. It sounds like it needs to be 120 to have that work...I don't know that I care to have that day come. If it does, though, I will try again! Thanks for a great girl's trip, Mom! And Happy Birthday! Love you!

4 comments:

Geri/Cindy said...

How nice of your mom to come to your rescue. We will have to visit soon, just waiting until it cools down in the 90's. We miss you guys.

Andy and Bri said...

That might be a while! I hear it doesn't cool down until about October-ish. It was 106 today when I checked. Entirely too hot! We miss you too! Can't wait for you to come down and visit!

Illumine said...

Sounds like it was fun! Can't wait til I can come see you. Miss you much!!!

Addi said...

You have a nice mom.