Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mom & Dad Visit

This past week, my parents came into town! My dad has meetings that he goes to twice a year, and this time they were in Phoenix! What a great excuse to come down and see us! They flew into town on Tuesday, and we went to Joe's farm Grill for dinner and played some Canasta.

Unfortunately, Mom and I got absolutely wasted. The worst round I have had in my Canasta career. On Wednesday, Mom and I went to the Container Store in the morning while Andy was in class and Dad was in meetings. We met up for lunch at the Biltmore where they were staying, and then we went shopping at the mall in Scottsdale.

We got some takeout for dinner and had another round of Canasta. I am happy to say that Mom and I blew the boys out this time. On Thursday we took a quick trip to Utah for Tony's wedding (that'll be another post), and we got back Saturday morning. Mom picked us up from the airport, and we went back to the hotel and immediately went to the pool and soaked up some sun. We laid out at Marilyn Monroe's favorite pool! When Dad got done with his morning meetings, we had the ultimate mini-golf tournament. Mom and Dad won, but I am proud to say that Andy and I kept it close enough (towards the end) that we had a tie-breaker, so at least we were in the game.

Then we went and checked out a store called Last Chance. Imagine if market square met Nordstrom and had a child in a random strip-mall in Scottsdale. After that we went back to Gilbert to show Mom and Dad our new house! The guy that is selling the house to us was nice enough to let us give them a tour. We had another round of Canasta and movies on Saturday night, and Andy and Dad won. On Sunday, we went to the hotel to spend some time with Mom and Dad before they went home on Monday morning. We ate at the pool, played cards and watched movies. What a perfect few days with the parents! Thank you so much for coming to visit! Love you guys!

3 comments:

Dane and Jessica said...

hahaha I love that you make a note of who won all the games you guys play, I always feel like thats a very important thing to blog about too. It looks like you guys are having a blast in Arizona!!

Brad and Britt said...

seriously, it is beautiful down there!!! Its snowing right now on april 4th!! go figure....

Andy and Bri said...

3:20, huh Britt? You must have been working :) Let us know when you want a break from the cold you can stay with us!
Jess-We are having a great time! We're so excited for you guys and your new little addition!