Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mount Olympus

This weekend, Andy climbed Mt. Olympus with Bear and Alan. Andy thought that climbing the mountain would be a fairly easy undertaking, but when he got home, he let me know that he had been sorely mistaken. They climbed 4,000 feet in 3.5 miles to the summit, and he said that he felt like an old man by the time they got back down to the bottom because his knees hurt so bad. They did get some beautiful pictures of their excursion, though!



After a little nap and some ibuprofen for Andy, we went to the Bombay House for dinner with Whitney and Alan. It was wonderful! Afterwards, we went back to their place and hooked up with the Murph's to play a rousing game of Canasta. It was a fun day!

2 comments:

Addi said...

Yay! I couldn't believe it when I saw you had a new post on my reader! I'm so happy you're back to blogging. Getting ready for another spring break in San Francisco, I guess! :)

Looks like a fun hike. And I didn't know we now call Wilbur Alan. I guess he's all grown up.

Geri/Cindy said...

I agree with Addi. I was excited that you had a new post. I keep checking too. I can totally relate to Andy (the getting old feeling). Looks like a lot of fun and what beautiful pictures.