Monday, October 17, 2011

Brookie!


This past week, Andy and I were busy! It was a great week! On Monday, after Jack's birthday party, we drove up to Las Vegas for an Emergency Medicine conference that Andy wanted to go to. We were there until Wednesday, and then we decided to drive home a day early. Brookie flew in on Thursday for a work thing, and I got to hang out with her when she wasn't in meetings! I picked her up on Thursday and we got some Cafe Rio takeout for lunch and gave her a tour of our house! Then we went shopping at World Market (I think she was a fan--who wouldn't be?) and we made some soup for dinner. Apparently we appeared to be struggling, because Andy said that we looked like the 3 Stooges trying to make dinner. Since there were only 2 of us, does that mean it looked like we were struggling as much as 3 people would be? Sounds like a lot. Anyway, the soup tasted fine, and I didn't taste any pieces of melted plastic in my soup (left a bag of shredded cheese on a hot stove--woops). I picked Brookie up after work on Friday, and we watched a movie. On Saturday after Brookie's meetings were done, we went shopping again! We checked out the Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall (hooray for H&M and MAC), and then I introduced Brookie to the Container Store. That place is AMAZING. I am happy to say that Brookie enjoys it as much as I do. Some people just think I'm crazy because I get excited about organizational things.

After our shopping excursion, we got takeout from Joe's Farm Grill and finished our movie from Friday. Sunday, Brookie and I had a rousing game of Domino's (I won!) and I took her to the airport. We were so excited to have her down here to visit for a few days! Love you Brookie! Thanks for the visit! Can't wait for you to move down here (hint, hint!)

3 comments:

Mique said...

Two thoughts:

1)That first picture of the two of you is stunning. It deserves to be framed and hanging in a prominent place in both of your houses.

2)I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe. Struggling as much as 3 people would be.... Now that's comedic genius

Addi said...

I love the container store.

That looks like a fun visit!

Illumine said...

I plugged my computer back in for the first time in months, so now I can respond:

a) that visit was the most awesome thing ever! thanks for driving 3000 extra miles so I could hang out with you, Nurse Nubby!

b) I should never be photographed

c-z) see b

LOVE YOU!