Monday, May 23, 2011

Homeowners!

That's right! It is finally official! We closed on our house on May 13! Goodbye noisy neighbors up till 2 a.m., goodbye walking a mile from our assigned parking spot to our front door and goodbye wondering if those people under the hood of that car are do-it-yourself mechanics or wanted for grand theft auto!
Linn, Evan, Tony and Rachel drove down today to visit, and we took Evan and Linn with us to sign our mountain of papers to get the keys to our new house!
On Saturday, we immediately began painting. There were some...interesting...colors in our house, and those colors did not fit in with our current color scheme with furniture, etc, so before we moved in we wanted to get A) New wall colors, and B) New carpet! This is what we started out with (WARNING: those with sensitive eyes and skin may need to put on sunglasses and some SPF 30)...

...and here it is after the paint! Please ignore the mess in the pictures, we have still been in constant project-mode.

You may notice that we didn't get new carpet in the family room--we are going to put in tile instead for our next project. But the carpet in the bedrooms and the front room looks awesome now! We are really excited to finally be in our first home, and to have plenty of room and a private pool now for our visitors (hint, hint)!

5 comments:

Addi said...

Holy smokes! The before and after is amazing!

And I'm glad you share your pool with more than just out of town visitors!

We're so glad you're our neighbors.

Mique said...

Oh man, I love it. I much prefer the after pics :) and I'm pretty sure I can hear your pool calling my name right now...

Anonymous said...

HOME OWNERS..... WOW!!!! Can you believe it? What a beautiful transformation!!! I'm glad that you had the vision for it.... I just kept seeing orange! So..... I LOVE your new home!!!!

And yes..... like Addi, we love your pool too!
Grandma

Illumine said...

I loveLoveLOVE the house! (and the photo of you two beautiful, new homeowners!) Can't wait to see you all in person!!!

Lindsay said...

It's really a shame that you decided to change the color scheme. Especially since the guy had extra paint! Think of all the money you could have saved! ;) lol. It looks fantastic, and I can't wait to see it all in person. Love you both!